ENSURE QUICK, ACCURATE & SEAMLESS TRANSACTIONS
Use these best practices as a guide to prepare your firm and your clients for your upcoming digital transactions.
STEP 1: GET TO KNOW THE PLATFORM
- Familiarize yourself with the following Agreement Express features & functionality:
- Adding attachments
- Drag and drop signatures
- Adding a signed document
- Resending a package
- Sticky Notes
- Searching for packages
- Copying a package
- Wet Sign function
- Send yourself an account package so you know what your clients will experience.
STEP 2: SET EXPECTATIONS WITH CLIENTS
Experience shows us that clients will quickly adopt new ways of doing things if they have a heads up about the changes. Setting expectations with clients helps reassure them they are completing the steps correctly, and helps reduce the chance that clients dismiss your digital signing package email as SPAM or phishing.
Here are some quick & simple ways that you can help clients feel comfortable with the new digital process:
- Reach out to your clients prior to sending a digital package.
- Provide a high-level description of how the digital process will work.
For example, let your clients know:
- They will receive digital paperwork via email that requires their eSignature.
- They will access the signing package with an access code via phone or email.
- They’ll create a digital signature.
- They will complete a LexisNexis ID verification for their security.
- Send a “save the date” message to your clients, letting them know when they should expect to see the digital signing package in their inbox. This helps ensure the email doesn’t get lost in a busy inbox.
STEP 3: PERSONALIZE THE EXPERIENCE
A key component to creating a great customer experience is to make the experience personal. These few extra seconds of time can have a big impact in driving responses and engagement.
Here are some quick & easy ways to personalize your digital interactions and drive a great customer experience:
- Customize your email messages.
- Use the client’s first name in messages.
- Provide a few simple instructions, letting the client know what they need to do.
- Provide a due date to complete the action items.
- Let clients know how to reach you if they have questions or concerns.
STEP 4: CHECK IN & FOLLOW UP
Experience shows us that proactive follow up and friendly reminders help improve response ratios and on-time completion of action items.
Here are a few quick and easy ways to track the progress of signing documents and ensure client applications don’t slip through the cracks:
- Track the progress of client digital packages in the Agreement Express platform.
- See if clients have opened, signed or completed the package. This can be easily done in agreement express.
- Receive alerts as the signing package progresses through various stages in the process.
- Resend digital packages if a client has not opened it after a certain timeframe. This friendly reminder can be easily sent through the Agreement Express platform, using the “resend” button.
- Follow up with clients who have not completed the signing package action items by the due date you requested. You can track the time it takes to complete documents and review the progress of document completion in the ‘Timeline’ section in the Agreement Express platform.