AEx Publisher & Company Administrator FAQs - Navigating the Workspace
What is an Agreement? What is the difference between an Agreement and a Case
Agreement: An Agreement represents one individual form with a set of signatures on it. AEX calls this an Agreement.
Case: A Case consists of one or more Agreements. There can be multiple Agreements in a Case, but a Case can also contain only one Agreement.
In the Workspace, what does each status mean?
- Draft: An Agreement has been prepared but not sent to an end-user. This is an Agreement that has not been published.
- Sent/Open: An Agreement has been published and sent out to an end-user for signing.
- Active: An Agreement has been sent and viewed and/or signed by at least one account owner.
- Done: All signatures and approvals on the Agreement have been completed.
- Cancelled: This Agreement has been cancelled. The link is still active to the end-user but when clicked on, the document will open to a blank page that indicates “this document has been cancelled”. In this scenario, the data will not be recoverable by the end client and they will be unable to obtain any of the data contained within the cancelled transaction.
Common Scenario: I don’t know if the Agreement was sent to my client. If the Transaction is still in Draft, then it has not been sent.
What is the difference between being assigned to an Access Control Group or being part of a Team?
Access Control Groups: Access Control allows you to create Groups within your company for the purpose of supporting your sales teams, partners, branches, Advisors, and more. (ACGs) allow you to limit which members of your organization are able to view agreements
Teams: Serves two functions:
- Function 1) Underwriting: As an underwriter, you need to be part of the Underwriting team to perform actions on the scorecard (rerun checks, decisioning etc...)
- Function 2) Department/Team signature: If you have a department signature as part of the workflow, this department is found under Teams. Any publisher or company administrator can be added to a team. Once an individual is part of a team, they will be able to sign on behalf of this department/ team.
What do specific users have access to within AEx?
User: This user role can NOT sign into Agreement Express directly. A user can only sign agreements. Their interaction with AEX is to simply sign agreements
Publisher: This user role can log directly into Agreement Express. A Publisher can only view the transactions that they created.
Company Administrator: A Company Administrator can add/edit users and publishers, view all Transactions created under the company, add/remove individuals from Teams and, edit and add Work Groups.