Scenario: You are a company administrator in Agreement Express and wish to add, change, or delete users.
Objective of this Document: Provide Company Admin the tools to understand how to manage users in the platform.
Step by Step
1. Access the Administrator Function
In order to access the key features of the Company Administrator Role, click on the Administration in the menu bar of your Workspace then select "User Admin"
This will open a new tab with all the functions available for Company Administrators.
2. Adding & Editing Users
2.1. The User Admin section will open, as seen in the screen below:
2.2. The Column Definitions are Below:
- Email - this is the email address of the account in question. It is also the username that the individual would you when logging into the workspace or when signing documents.
- First & Last Names - this is the first and last name of the user.
- Active - this indicates whether the user has registered or not. When an agreement is sent to a user who is not already in the system, an unregistered account is automatically created for them - such account will have a "No" value under the Active column. Upon registering their account, this value is set to "Yes".
- Role - the role defines the type of account. Accounts with the role of user cannot log into the workspace, but are able to sign documents that are sent to them. The role of Publisher enables the account to do everything that role of User can, but also to log into the workspace and send agreements. The role of Company Admin is able to do everything that Publisher can, but also has access to the Administrator features.
User Roles are defined as follows:
- User: This user role can NOT sign into Agreement Express directly. A user can only sign agreements. They will need to register their signature by providing their email address and cell phone or landline number in order to sign.
- Publisher: This user role can log directly into Agreement Express. A Publisher has access to the transactions they have published as well as any transactions part of a shared Work Group or Team.
- Company Administrator: This user role can log directly into Agreement Express. A Company Administrator can add/edit users and publishers, view all Transactions created under the company, add/remove individuals from Teams and, edit and add Work Groups.
- Security Profile - this is a customized profile specific to the company. It is optional, but some companies might have them to reduce or increase permission levels of specific accounts.
2.3. Adding Users:
There are 3 ways in which a user can be added to the list.
1. Send them a document for signing - as soon as a document is sent to a new email address, that address is added as an unregistered account with the role of User.
2. Use the PINK FAB on the bottom-right of the User Admin section, which will prompt the Administrator with the following panel:
Through this panel the Administrator is able to set the default language, role and security profile of the new account. Upon adding an account in this manner, the account gets added but in an unregistered state. At the same time, a registration agreement is sent to the email address, and the individual is able to register their account by signing it.
3. Use the Mass User Upload feature. This is the cyan FAB on the bottom-right of the User Admin section. Upon clicking this, it's possible to add multiple accounts by uploading a CSV containing all of the account details:
Upon completion of this, new unregistered accounts get added to the company, and registration emails get sent out to all users.
Note: when creating the CSV, the role has to correspond as follows: User is 32, Publisher is 544 and Company Administrator is 2592
2.4. Editing & Deleting Users:
To Edit or Delete a user, simply click on one of the rows and the Edit panel will appear:
- The first name and last name can be modified. Phone number can be added or updated.
- The user's preferences on time zone and language displays can be set.
- Resetting a handwritten signature can be done, but only if the user's mobile number is set, at which point they will receive a text message with a link to set up their new signature. Password can be reset, which will email the user with a link to set up a new one.
- The role and security profile can be updated as well
- If you wish to REMOVE ACCESS from a user, for a former employee etc., simply update the role to "User". This User Role will prevent the user from logging in to The AEX Platform.
How do we update phone numbers of inactive users in bulk?
Article is closed for comments.