Purpose: To send a reminder to any signers whom have not completed their signature. You can have 'escalating' reminders that are sent out after specified time period. For example, send a gentle reminder on day two, a regular reminder on day five and a serious reminder on day nine. Everyone who's turn it is to sign but hasn't will get three separate reminders on day two, five and nine or until they have signed).
Time period: The reminder time period works in days. In other words you can send a reminder after 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. days. It cannot be configured to anything less than a one day period (e.g. reminders cannot be set on partial days or hours).
Template Reminders and Rules Email Notifications: These are different functionality in Agreement Express and do not impact company reminders. If you set up template reminders and rule notifications, these will be evaluated separately and sent separately.
Step One: Opening the Edit Company Panel
- Click the Manage Companies blade (security permission GLOBAL_MANAGE_COMPANIES required).
- Search for the company using all or part of the company name.
- When you locate the correct company, check the box beside the company.
- Click the Edit Company button at the bottom.
Step Two: Edit the Company Settings
- In the Edit Company panel, click on the Reminders tab to configure your reminder email.
- You can configure the From Email and From Name fields so that it appears to be from this name and email. You can only set one name and email for all reminders.
- You can set up three separate reminders with different Subject and Message content. In the above example, we are only setting up two.
- Send After and Message fields are required and cannot be left empty. If you DO NOT have more three reminders then you must set the Send After field to -1 and the Message field to 0, in order to disable them.
Tricks & Tips:
- NOTE: Because the rules are validated on a DATE/HOUR basis, the rule will only be applied if more than 24 hours have elapsed.
- The time which is shown on Agreement Manager is based on UTC and is the same as Publishing Time.
- Agreement Express will check if there is there are reminders to send out a few minutes before mid-night Eastern time (few minutes before 9:00 p.m. Vancouver time).
- Each set of Company Reminders will be run just once at the defined specific date. Reminders cannot be resent
If a company has setup a company rule that after 1 day, the signer will receive an email reminder, then the following scenario would apply:
- Scenario One: At 10:30 PM (Pacific Time) on October 1st, the document is published and sent to Signer - John Smith.
- At 11:45 PM (Eastern Time) on October 2nd, the server will run the reminder job. Because the application was sent to John Smith at 1:30 AM (Eastern Time) on October 2, the reminder will not be sent on October 2nd.
- At 11:45 PM (Eastern Tie) on October 3rd, the server will run the reminder job. The server will identify that it has been more than 24 hours and send John Smith the first reminder notice just before midnight on October 3rd.
- Scenario Two: At 8:30 PM (Pacific Time) on October 1st, the document is published and sent to Signer - John Smith.
- At 11:45 PM (Eastern Time) on October 2nd, the server will run the reminder job. Because the application was sent to John Smith at 11:30 PM (Eastern Time) on October 1st, the server will identify that more than 24 hours has elapsed and a reminder will be sent just before midnight on October 2nd to John Smith.