Every agreement must contain at least one required signature block. These signatures blocks can be customized based on the signature type and signer type. The four types of signatures are:
- Full – displays the signer’s full name and date of signing
- Initials – displays the initials of the signer
- Review – signer is only required to view the document to 'sign' this type of signature
- Datestamp - displays the date when the signer completed the agreement
The two types of signers are:
- Individual – only the specified email address can sign.
- Department – anyone in the department group can sign.
Adding a Signature
To add a signature:
- Click and drag a signature block from the Agreement Builder under the Signatures and Form Tools section onto the document.
- Enter the signer's email address or a label if building a template.
- Set what type of signature block you would like.
- If you would a department signature you change the signer type here.
- Set the order that you would like the signatures completed in.
- Click Save when ready.
If you have multiple signers who share an email address you can create multiple accounts. For further information please click here.
Designating each signer a signing group allows you to set the order that each signer is asked to complete the agreement. By default everyone is assigned to group 1 and can sign immediately upon agreement publication. Multiple signers can be part of the same signing group to allow the signers to sign concurrently. For instance, a common scenario is to have the customers sign first as signing group 1, followed by an agent in signing group 2 who reviews all entered information before signing.